Color is tied to emotion. When parents decorate a child’s room, they may design around a popular theme or character without realizing the impact a color rug has on childhood behavior. When choosing a rug for nurseries, playrooms, and bedrooms, parents should take the impact of color into consideration. Here are some colors that energize and excite along with hues that relax and soothe.
Warm Color Rug
For most people, warm colors create feelings of security as they visually warm cold spaces. They can also have an energizing effect. Here’s a breakdown of each hue’s impact on mood and behavior.
- Red – Energizes the body and mind. It stimulates breathing and heart rate, and in some cases, it can increase aggression. Use red as an accent color but avoid it as a whole room choice when areas are used for sleeping or study.
- Orange – This friendly color boosts confidence and communication, making it an excellent choice for siblings who share a room. An orange rug incorporates the color without making it too overwhelming.
- Yellow – Cheerfulness results whenever this sunny color is used. Pale yellow helps children concentrate. Consider a soft yellow rug in the reading corner of a room.
Cool blues and greens make children feel calm and relaxed, but they can also worsen feelings of sadness or depression. Here are some things to consider when decorating a child’s room with cooler hues.
- Blue – This color lowers anxiety, aggression, and blood pressure. If your child has a hard time reining in his or her temper, a blue rug might offer a soothing place to cool off.
- Green – Don’t hesitate to use green in any environment. This color improves reading comprehension and creates a feeling of positive well-being.
Koeckritz Rugs, Inc., has rugs in every shape, style, and color. Check out our children’s rugs today.