If you follow this How to install stair treads carpet guide you will have no problem adding your new carpet treads. You will need the following materials: Clean Damp Cloth. Scissors, tape measure. Double sided Carpet tape (provided with your stair tread order)
1) First prep the area. Clean all of the stairs with a clean damp cloth. Wait for the surface to dry.
2) Once the surface is dry, place the stair tread on the step with the back facing upwards. Then use the top of the step as a guide to cut the double sided tape to size. The tape should be near the short end of the carpet tread. About a 1/2 inch.
3) Once the carpet tape is cut, place the tape near the long edge of the tread. About 1/2 inch away from the long edge. 4) Repeat this on the opposite side of the stair tread. Press down on carpet tape to better secure.
5) Once the tape is secured peel the film from the tape.
6) lip the carpet tread over a gently, set the carpet tread on the step. Do not press down yet. Use a measuring tape to help center the tread. Measure between 0.5 -1 inch away from the front edge of the step. Remeasure to make sure tread is centered before securing. Flip the tread over. Press along the long side when the tape was placed to secure the carpet tread.
7) Repeat the process until you have attached all of your custom stair treads.
If you enjoyed this tutorial, Like us and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
For more information on ready-made and customized stair treads visit our non slip tread stair page.